Updates log

Recent notable site changes:


Get the latest site changes straight to your desktop via the Historic Farnborough RSS feed


15/10/11 - Memories: John McVey and family - further photos
08/10/11 - Memories: John McVey and family
11/08/11 - Gallery sport - additions: an invitation to the Salesian College's sports day in 1947 an a house captain's badge from the Salesian College from 1947
11/08/11 - Gallery entertainment - additions: a leaflet produced by the Farnborough Railway Enthusiasts' Group in 1957
11/08/11 - Gallery postcard - additions: a postcard message from 1914
11/08/11 - Virtual tour additions: a photo from the Wesleyan Soldiers' home from 1914
07/08/11 - Gallery miscellaneous (3) - additions: Aldershot and Farnborough Tramways amendment from 1882
07/08/11 - Gallery aviation (4) - additions: a leaflet produced by the RAE Radio Department as part of celebrations of the RAE's 50th birthday in 1955, a booklet produced for the 1958 SBAC exhibition at the Farnborough Airshow to mark 50 years of powered flight, and a SBAC flyer from 1958
07/08/11 - Virtual tour additions: The National Gas Turbine Establishment from 1958 and Government House from today
06/08/11 - Virtual tour additions: The Army Service Corps review on Farnborough Common from 1905
06/08/11 - Gallery additions: Cody Centenary: photos from the the publication "1908-1958 Fifty Years of Flying"
06/08/11 - Gallery additions: Maps/Aerial photos: aerial photo of the Royal Aircraft Establishment from 1947
06/08/11 - Gallery additions: School days: extracts from the School of Humanities prospectus, Farnborough College of Technology 1976-77
03/06/11 - Memories: The Loyal Edmonton Regiment at Morval Barracks
03/06/11 - Memories: St. Patrick's School, Peabody Road, South Farnborough
29/04/11 - Blog additions: Did you mark the Royal Wedding or avoid it altogether?
29/04/11 - Gallery - Royal Wedding 2011: new gallery added showing local colour on the day of the royal wedding
22/04/11 - Blog additions: What are your memories of Pinehurst Barracks?
21/04/11 - Gallery additions: Postcard messages from the past gallery: 1914 postcard message
21/04/11 - Virtual tour additions: undated photos and photos from today of Whetstone Road and Silvester's Sweet Shop as they join the tour
20/04/11 - Blog additions: Origins of the Elephant and Castle in North Camp?
19/04/11 - Blog additions: looking for lost Farnborough relatives and where was the White House in Cove
15/04/11 - Gallery aviation 4 - additions: extracts from 1965 editions of RAE News
15/04/11 - Gallery adverts - additions: an assortment of local adverts from 1965 from RAE News
15/04/11 - Gone but not forgotten: map references for Hook Cottage, Pinehurst Grange and the Rose and Crown pub
14/04/11 - Gone but not forgotten: map references for North Farm, Cold Harbour Cottages, Cold Harbour Wood, Hawley Road Manor House and Woodley
14/04/11 - Virtual tour additions: Norris Bridge undated photos and from 1980 join the tour
13/04/11 - Virtual tour additions: Union Street photos from 1992-93 and today join the tour
13/04/11 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough Station and the former Railway Inn photos from 1992-93 and today
25/03/11 - Virtual tour additions: an undated photo of West Heath Corner and how it is today; an undated photo of the former Queenshead pub and from today; and an undated photo of Cove Junior School
12/03/11 - Gallery adverts - additions: an assortment of local adverts from 1965 from RAE News
05/03/11 - Videos additions: 1966 Southern Steam
26/02/11 - Memories: Royal Engineers at Hawley Lake, 1960
20/02/11 - Virtual tour additions: an undated Edwardian photo of the former Eelmoor Farm
20/02/11 - Memories: Bramshott Farm from the 1940s and the Hillside Convent School in the 1950s
19/02/11 - Worst eyesores recent developments from the former HSBC building
19/02/11 - Virtual tour Elm Grove Road from 1967/68, Victoria Road from 1967, recent photos of the former sites of the Queens Head pub and the RAE
19/02/11 - Virtual tour the former RAE railway from 1967 and 1968
21/12/10 - Gallery additions: Induction leaflet from the Farnborough Railway Enthusiasts Club from the 1950s
21/12/10 - Virtual tour Eelmoor Farm and the old YMCA Soldiers Club join the tour, and an undated photo of Bramshot Halt railway station
21/12/10 - Memories: memories of Eelmoor Farm; Tilly Shilling at the RAE; Cove from the 1930s to the 1950s
21/12/10 - Family histories: the Anger family and the Moon family from Cove to Australia
17/10/10 - Gallery additions: Aviation (4) gallery: Air Pictorial magazine report from 1966 on the Farnborough Airshow
17/10/10 - Virtual tour new entries: an undated photo of the Wesleyan Church on Alexandra Road
01/10/10 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous (3) gallery: 1921 'Picturesque Farnborough' photo album
25/09/10 - Memories: Memories of Pinewood House, 1921
24/09/10 - Virtual tour new entries: the former site of the RAE southern site buildings join the tour
24/09/10 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the Concept, Queensmead, Queenshead and HSBC redevelopments; modern photos of the former sites of the RAE and Taylor & Tanner; and Trenchard House from 2010
24/09/10 - Gone but not forgotten: updates from the former site of the Royal Flying Corps
23/09/10 - Virtual tour additions: Cockadobby Hill from 1907; the old Town Hall from the 1920s; and an undated photo of Farnborough Station
23/09/10 - Gallery additions: Aviation (4) gallery: undated photo of the Beta airship at the former Balloon Factory
23/09/10 - Memories: Memories of West Heath Farm
19/09/10 - Virtual tour new entries: the former West Heath Farm from 1950; Broomhill from the 1970s and 2008; the Elephant and Castle pub and North Camp Hotel from 1972 all join the tour
19/09/10 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough Rectory from 1967 and Cove Junior School from 1972
17/09/10 - Virtual tour new entries: an undated photo of Rectory Road and today; the former Pinewood House from 1921; and the former workhouse, Wilmot House from 1967 all join the tour
11/09/10 - Gallery additions: Imperial gallery: photos from the interior of Empress Eugenie's Farnborough Hill in 1900
11/09/10 - Gallery additions: Aviation (4) gallery: the Astra Torres airship from 1913, wrecks from the collision of army biplanes in 1914, and the army mono biplane in 1912
11/09/10 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous (3) gallery: photo of the the foundation ceremony for the former Jubilee Hall from 1896
11/09/10 - Virtual tour additions: an undated photo of the former Bramsholt station; Queens Road from 1967; Farnborough Street from 1967; Farnborough Hill from 1910 and 1956; and the former Jubilee Hall from 1897
11/09/10 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery: photos from the Farnborough Town FC vs. Aldershot Town FC veterans game from 2003/04 season
11/09/10 - Gallery additions: Postcard messages from the past gallery: a new gallery giving an insight into people living in, passing through or linked with Farnborough through their postcard messages
11/09/10 - Virtual tour additions: photo of the old Post Office at the junction of Netley Street and Alexandra Road from 1907
06/09/10 - Virtual tour additions: Queens Hotel in 1900, the former Harington Methodist Soldiers Home in 1967, the former Farnborough Grange in 1968, and the former Homestead Farm in 1967
06/09/10 - Gallery additions: Aviation (4) gallery: a flight of Royal Flying Corps machines at Farnborough in 1915 and the airship Nulli Secondus at Farnborough 1911
01/09/10 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough Street in 1910, the former Tournay Barracks from 1967, the former Duke of Connaught's Road from the 1900s, and Government House from 1910
31/08/10 - Virtual tour additions: Oudenarde barracks in 1895; Connaught Hospital in 1915, 1916 and 1967; Coombe Farm in 1967; the Thatched Cottage in 1964; Cove Court in 1950; St John's Church in the 1970s; and The Oaks in the 1890s
31/08/10 - Gallery additions: Cody Centenary gallery: six photos of the aviator Samuel Cody and his planes
31/08/10 - Gallery additions: Entertainment gallery: photo of the Farnborough Boy Scouts "Pierrot Troupe" in 1918
30/08/10 - Video additions: 15 videos from the Farnborough airshow from the late 1940s and 1950s and the newly former Farnborough FC
29/08/10 - Gallery additions: Farnborough Airshow 2010 gallery: more than 100 photos from the 2010 Farnborough Airshow
04/07/10 - Virtual tour additions: the Railway Hotel from 1903, 1912 and today joins the tour; and updates from the former site of the Farnborough Grammar School; latest Queensmead developments; and updates from the former sites of Homeland and the Queenshead, and from Knellwood
04/07/10 - Worst Eyesore additions: the latest updates from the redvelopment of the former HSBC building
02/07/10 - Virtual tour additions: the latest updates to the former site of Brands Removals and the Concept Building, Farnborough Street, and Cherrywood Road
02/07/10 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery: action from Farnborough's 2009/10 promotion campaign in the Zamaretto Premier League
02/07/10 - Gallery additions: Weather gallery: photos of the snow and localised flooding from January 2010
03/04/10 - Virtual tour additions: the Grange from 1966 and Instone's Garage from the 1930s join the tour
03/04/10 - Virtual tour additions: photos of Malplaquet Barracks and Lynchford Road from 1969
20/12/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (3): Ministry of Transport report into the 1947 rail crash near Farnborough
20/12/09 - Gallery additions: Aviation Gallery (4): extracts from RAE News in 1970 reporting on the 30th anniversary of the bombing of the RAE in 1940, and memories of Cody's final flight in 1913
30/10/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (3): 1960s local newspaper coverage focusing on the trip of Mr and Mrs Dodds from Cove to Australia; and a 1970 article on local blacksmith Dan Spooner on Victoria Road
30/10/09 - Gallery additions: Aviation Gallery (4): extracts from the programme of the 1964 Farnborough Airshow
10/10/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): 1960s local newspaper coverage focusing on Instone's Garage in Cove from the 1930s
10/10/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): a series of local newspaper articles from the 1970s about the history of the RAE and the airfield and a 1986 article about the demise of the historic Balloon shed
10/10/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): photos from the 1946, 1946 and 1947 RAE Technical College Harvest Camps
10/10/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): images and newspaper coverage from the 1946 and 1947 RAE Technical College Christmas Revues
01/09/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): photos of RAE apprentices from the late 1940s and their subsequent weddings
01/09/09 - Virtual tour the latest building developments from Queensmead, Farnborough FC, the former Concept Building, the HSBC building and the former site of Homelands
06/08/09 - Memories: Roaming Farnborough and back to Pinehurst corner and Elles Barracks
17/07/09 - Memories: Memories of St Patrick's Church and North Camp
17/07/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): local newspaper report on ex-Farnborough residents
03/07/09 - Gallery additions: Military gallery: a cartoon of soldiers at Guillemont Barracks added
03/07/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): photos of the Cove and Farnborough and St John's Ambulance Brigades from the 1950s
03/07/09 - Gallery additions: School Days gallery - photos of Queens Road Council School from 1912; Tower Hill School from 1947; and school plays from Fernhill School from 1956
03/07/09 - Virtual tour A 1907 photo of the Church of England Soldiers' and Sailors' Institute and photos from Tarn Close in 1997
26/06/09 - Gallery additions: Military gallery: photos of soldiers at Connaught Hospital during WW1, Westminster and Cambridge University Officer Training Camps on Farnborough Common, troops from Marlborough Lines from 1915, a Royal Flying Corps soldier from the WW1, and a map of Guillemont Barracks in Cove from the early 1970s.
26/06/09 - Gallery additions: Sports gallery: photo of the Cherrywood Review at Farnborough Town football club from 1976.
26/06/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): receipt from Brands Removals from 1948
12/06/09 - Memories: High altitude suits and experimental 'secret' jets, and Letters home from a National Service Sapper at Guillemont Barracks - Autumn 1958
07/06/09 - Gallery additions: Military gallery: photos of Guillemont Barracks in Cove from 1957-58
22/05/09 - Virtual tour new entries: North Camp station, and the old RAE South Gate from 1960 and 1971 join the tour
15/05/09 - Virtual tour new entries: An undated photo of the Farnborough railway station, and photos from the early 1900s, 1969 and the 1980s
10/05/09 - Gallery additions: Aviation (3) gallery: photos of various airships at the Balloon factory from the early 20th century
10/05/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): the Lord Fisher locomotive on the RAE railway and a train near Farnborough North station from 1961
10/05/09 - Virtual tour new entries: An undated photo of the RAE railway and an undated photo of Farnborough North station and photos from 1960 and 1964
24/04/09 - Gallery additions: School Days gallery - 20 photos from Farnborough Grammar School and Cove Junior School from the 1930s, 1950s and 1960s
15/04/09 - Blog: preserved for ever more!
15/04/09 - Memories: Testing the comet at the RAE; Treasures on a disused sewage treatment plant!; and memories from Wellingtonia School
27/03/09 - Virtual tour new entries: Cherrywood Road, home to Farnborough FC, from 1975 and today
27/03/09 - Gone but not forgotten: the latest from the former site of Firgrove Court and the redevelopment of Queensmead
27/03/09 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery - photos of Farnborough Town football club from the 70s, 80s and 90s
21/03/09 - Virtual tour new entries: St. John's Church from the 1930s and 1958; Cripley Road from 1949; and Twelve Acre Crescent from 1958 all join the tour
21/03/09 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough station from 1990 and the former sites of the National Gas Turbine Establishment (NGTE) from 1954 and Cove Court from 1958
21/03/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2) - local celebrations from the coronation in 1953
21/03/09 - Gallery additions: Entertainment gallery: a performance from the St. Christopher's Church Young Wives Club from 1959
05/03/09 - Virtual tour new entries: Farley House from 1975, Farnborough North station from 1964 and Oak Road from 1916
27/02/09 - Virtual tour new entries: Spooner's forge from 1903 to today, Wright Bros store from 1919 to today, and Taylor and Tanner premises from 1965 to today all join the tour
27/02/09 - Virtual tour additions: the latest from the Queensmead redevelopment
15/02/09 - Gallery additions: School days gallery - Photos from inside the Hillside Convent School from the 1920s
15/02/09 - Virtual tour additions: Hillside Convent School on Farnborough Road from the 1920s
15/02/09 - Virtual tour additions: Hillside Convent School at The Sycamores from the 1920s
15/02/09 - Virtual tour additions: the 60163 Tornado coming through Farnborough Station in 2009
08/02/09 - Gallery additions: Weather gallery - Weather gallery: photos of the record snow from February 2nd
08/02/09 - Videos additions: all around town in the snow in Februrary 2009, Cody Centenary flypast from 2008, and the Farnborough Airshow from 1982 and 1966
08/02/09 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the redevelopment sites of Queensmead and the Concept 2000 site
08/02/09 - Worst eyesores additions: the latest photos from the redevelopment sites of Queensmead and the Concept 2000 site
08/02/09 - Gone but not forgotten: the latest from the former site of Firgrove Court
08/02/09 - Family histories the Pepler family from the 1880s-1900s
08/02/09 - Gallery additions: Farnborough Airshow 2008 gallery - more photos from last year's airshow
31/01/09 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough station from 1971 and the former Solartron demolition from 2002
31/01/09 - Memories: Memories of the National Fire Service from World War Two
31/01/09 - Family histories More on the Dodds family, Cove residents from the 1930s
17/01/09 - Memories: The Meads family and Fish Pond farm, and eight generations at Woodlands Road, Cove
17/01/09 - Gallery additions: Auction documents for local farmland from 1861; and local media article about the history of Jersey Brow
17/01/09 - Memories: Memories and photos from the 1947 production of Yeomen of the Guard by the Farnborough and Royal Aircraft Establishment Amateur Operatic Society
17/01/09 - Virtual tour additions: the former RAE airsheds from 1916, and the boarded-up Tumbledown Dick Inn from today
10/01/09 - Memories: Memories and photos from of a number of productions of the Farnborough and Royal Aircraft Establishment Amateur Operatic Society in the 1940s
10/01/09 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3): 1959 press release from the Westland Group about the SBAC Farnborough Airshow
10/01/09 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery (2): local news items about Air Vice-Marshall Sir Bernard Chacksfield and Joan Maskell
22/12/08 - Gone but not forgotten: photos of Greencroft School from pre-1914, the 1930s and today, and the latest from the former sites of Firgrove Court and Homelands
22/12/08 - Memories: Memories of The Oaks, the Puddle and the Sweet Shop by the Rex Cinema
22/12/08 - Virtual tour additions: the latest developments from the Concept redevelopment
15/12/08 - Virtual tour new entry: Farnborough Recreation Centre from the 1970s
15/12/08 - Virtual tour: photos from the start of the demolition of the former Royal Flying Corps barracks on Farnborough Road
12/12/08 - Virtual tour new entry: National Gas Turbine Establishment (NGTE) from 2007 and today
05/12/08 - Virtual tour new entry: Fowler Road from 1971, 1994 and 1999; and Tilebarn House from 1980 and today
05/12/08 - Gone but not forgotten: new entry: Fish Pond Farm
28/11/08 - Virtual tour new entry: Royal Flying Corps Barracks from the early 20th century and today
28/11/08 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough Station from the 1960s
21/11/08 - Virtual tour new entry: High View Road from 1913 and today
21/11/08 - Virtual tour additions: Elmsleigh Road from 2008 and Whitehall Farm from the 1920s
21/11/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3): British Army Dirigible No 1 airship, the Nulli Secundus, from 1908
18/11/08 - Download Toolbar new feature: download the Historic Farnborough toolbar to your browser and get the latest site updates delivered straight to your desktop
14/11/08 - Virtual tour new entries: Cove Court, Cove Junior School and Elmsleigh Road all join the virtual tour
14/11/08 - Virtual tour additions: an early 20th century photo of Cove Road when it was flooded by Cove Brook
14/11/08 - Gone but not forgotten: additions: the latest developments on the former Homelands site
08/11/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery: changes to Alder Valley bus services in Farnborough from 1978
08/11/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3): photos from the former site of the RAE in 1991
28/10/08 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough FC and Cherrywood Road from 2008
28/10/08 - Gallery additions: Entertainment gallery: photos from the New Man Play in the 1940s, and a Williamsons shop outing from 1946
28/10/08 - Gallery additions: School days gallery: photo of the local Girl Guides, Brownies and Church Lads Brigade from 1939
24/10/08 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough station from 1963 and the Queens Hotel from the early 1960s
24/10/08 - Gallery additions: Military gallery: Soldiers at a Farnborough barracks from the early 20th century
24/10/08 - Gallery additions: Maps/Aerial gallery: aerial photo of Farnborough airfield
17/10/08 - Memories: Otis Redding and DJ Pete Murry at the Big C Club - No.1 Camp Road from 1966
17/10/08 - Family histories The Dodds family, Cove residents from the 1930s
17/10/08 - Virtual tour additions: the Farnborough miniature railway from 1937, Farnborough Common from 1936, and the former site of Cove Pond from 1938
07/10/08 - Gallery additions: Weather gallery: Cove Brook flooding in the early 20th century
07/10/08 - Gallery additions: Military gallery: Soldiers en route from Farnborough to Aldershot from 1905
07/10/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery: photo from the Bramshot Halt rail crash in 1929
07/10/08 - Gallery additions: Religion gallery: photos of Reverend Hansford, vicar at St. John's Church in the 1940s
07/10/08 - Gallery additions: Entertainment gallery: photo from the Farnborough Carnival in 1938
03/10/08 - Memories: The Big C Club - No.1 Camp Road in the 60s
03/10/08 - Gone but not forgotten: additions: photos of the former Cove Court from the 1930s
03/10/08 - Gallery additions: School days gallery: photos of Cove Junior School from 1910 and 1937
03/10/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery: photos from Cove Court in the 1930s; and kennels from Ball Hill
03/10/08 - Gallery additions: Cody Centenary gallery: photo from the funeral of Samuel Cody in 1913
01/10/08 - Memories: more memories and photos from Rafborough and Cove from the 1930s - Farnborough Grammar School
22/09/08 - Census data: 1891 census returns for Farnborough added
19/09/08 - Gallery additions: Entertainment gallery: The programme from the opening of the Rex Cinema in 1937, and the programme from Farnborough's Salute a Soldier week in 1944
12/09/08 - Virtual tour additions: the latest shots from the Concept 2000, Queensmead and Firgrove Court redevelopments
12/09/08 - Virtual tour additions: Bramshot Halt station from 1964 and 2008 joins the tour
12/09/08 - Gallery additions: School days gallery: life at the National Children's Home from the 1920s
12/09/08 - Gallery additions: Farnborough Airshow 2008 gallery - more new photos added
05/09/08 - Memories: more memories and photos from Rafborough and Cove from the 1930s
05/09/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery: architectural drawing of the house of Lt. Col. J. Napier from 1900
20/08/08 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery: walking tours from the 1930s
20/08/08 - Gallery additions: School Days gallery: Tower Hill Junior School pupils from 1937
20/08/08 - Memories: a series of memories and walking tours from Rafborough and Cove from the 1930s
14/08/08 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery: Farnborough Town FC updates from the mid 70s to the early 90s
14/08/08 - Gallery additions: Farnborough Airshow 2008 gallery - more than 20 new photos added
08/08/08 - Virtual tour: new entry - Cherrywood Road, the home of Farnborough Football Club, from 1975, 2003 and 2004
08/08/08 - Gone but not forgotten: new entry - Firgrove Court from 2008
05/08/08 - Memories: Southwood Camp from 1976; Tower Hill Infants School from 1937; and Rafborough and Cove from the 1930s
05/08/08 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery: a map of Cove from the 1930s
05/08/08 - Gallery additions: School Days gallery: Tower Hill Infant School from 1937
01/08/08 - Virtual tour: additions: Two photos from Southwood Camp from 1976
01/08/08 - Gallery additions: Military gallery - passing out parade at Southwood Camp from 1976, and soldiers on exercise
29/07/08 - Gone but not forgotten: addition: photos of the former entrances to the Southwood Camp from the 1970s
29/07/08 - Gallery additions: Military gallery - A map of the former Southwood camp and two photos of Royal Engineers from 1970
24/07/08 - Gallery additions: Farnborough Airshow 2008 gallery - more than 50 new photos added
22/07/08 - Gallery additions: Farnborough Airshow 2008 gallery - new gallery added
17/07/08 - Virtual tour: additions: two undated and two photos from 1965 of the RAE railway
17/07/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3) - an article from Railway World from 1968 about the closure of the RAE railway
17/07/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery - an article from a local newspaper about the history of Tile Barn House
11/07/08 - Gallery additions: Cody gallery - Samuel Cody flying a biplane in 1910 added
02/07/08 - Gone but not forgotten: addition: the former Tile Barn House just before its demolition in 1980
02/07/08 - Gallery additions: Adverts gallery - a dozen local adverts from 1986/87 including Cove Motor Spares and The Joke Shop
27/06/08 - Virtual tour: additions: an undated photo of Lille Barracks and Highgate Lane from 1947
27/06/08 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery - Farnborough Town Football Club teamsheet from 1986/87 game against Kingstonian
24/06/08 - Gallery additions: Adverts gallery - An assortment of old local adverts from 1986/87
24/06/08 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery - Farnborough Town Football Club programme from 1986/87 against Kingstonian.
14/06/08 - Videos additions: a crash at the 1984 Farnborough Airshow (no-one was hurt), and Challenger 605 descending into Farnborough
13/06/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3) - an article from June 1953 about the Climatic Research Laboratory at the Institute of Aviation Medicine (IAM); and late 1980s/early 1990s photos from inside the IAM
13/06/08 - Virtual tour: additions: the former site of the RAE and the Victoria Road Chapel from 2008
06/06/08 - Virtual tour: additions: two undated photos of St. Michael's Abbey, and the Clockhouse from 1971 and an undated photo
06/06/08 - Gallery additions: Military gallery - 1919 photo of the beer tent at the Cambridge Univrsity Officers Training Camp on Farnborough Common
06/06/08 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery - Farnborough Town Football Club programme from 1979/80
03/06/08 - Gone but not forgotten: addition: the former Oaks School in Cove from 1966/67
03/06/08 - Virtual tour: additions: Netley Street from 1996; and St. Michael's Abbey from 2008
03/06/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3) - Concorde's taking of from Farnborough in 1970
03/06/08 - Gallery additions: Weather gallery - Spring snow at St. Michael's Abbey in 2008
03/06/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - TV filming in Netley Street from 1996
29/05/08 - Blog updated: 1000-up!
29/05/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3) - the G-AYHS a BAC 167 Strikemaster, Singapore Air Defence Export, from 1970; and Concorde's last flight from Farnborough in 2000.
29/05/08 - Virtual tour: additions: two undated photos of Government House, and the former site of Malplaquet Barracks as it today
26/05/08 - Gone but not forgotten: addition: ongoing demolition of Homelands on Victoria Road
23/05/08 - Virtual tour: new entries: former RAE recreation ground and sports club from 1990; Tarn Close from 1997; and the Queens Head from 2007 and today
14/05/08 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Whitehall Farm and pond from 1976 and today
14/05/08 - Virtual tour: additions: an undated photo of the former Hillside Convent School on Farnborough Road
12/05/08 - Virtual tour: additions: Camp Road from 1990, Ferneberga House (the old town hall) from 2006, and the former Pinehurst Barracks from 2008
09/05/08 - Virtual tour new entry: additions: the former site of Castleden Hall (now Farnborough College of Technology) from 1957 and 1984
09/05/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3) - article from Flight from May 1953 about the Climatic Research Laboratory at the IAM
08/05/08 - Virtual tour new entry: All Saints Crescent from 1961
08/05/08 - Virtual tour additions: the former site of the RAE from 2008
08/05/08 - Gone but not forgotten additions: the former site of Farley House from 2008
07/05/08 - Virtual tour new entry: the Institute of Aviation Medicine from 1969
02/05/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - photos from 1990 of the construction of the Blackwater Valley Relief Road (A331)
29/04/08 - Gallery additions: Military gallery - 1978 and 1981 photos of army parades in Osborne Road and Lynchford Road
29/04/08 - Gallery additions: Weather gallery - Spring snow in 2008
27/04/08 - Virtual tour entries: undated old photos Alexandra Road and Farnborough Road (mid) area; and the latest photos from the Queensmead demolition
23/04/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (3) - New gallery added with press notes from 1950 about the Climatic Research Laboratory at the IAM, and photos from inside the IAM from the late 80s/early 90s
22/04/08 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - Maps from 1955, 1959, 1974, 1982 and 1993 all added
15/04/08 - Memories: The demise of the Rex Cinema and the NGTE
15/04/08 - Family histories section updated: Jess Howell from the Cheshire Regiment during WWI
14/04/08 - Gallery additions: Weather gallery - photos from the Great Storm of 1987
14/04/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - the former clock on the National Children's Home during its demolition in 1982
14/04/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (2) - an article from Aeronautics from 1960 about the Institute for Aviation Medicine (IAM)
14/04/08 - Virtual tour entries: photos of the demolition of the National Children's Home on Alexandra Road from 1982
11/04/08 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: the former sites of Brookhouse Farm, Eelmoor Farm, and Trunk Farm added
11/04/08 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery - three programmes from Farnborough Town Football Club's FA Cup ties with West Ham United in 1992, and Arsenal in 2003
11/04/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (2) - an airshow poster from the 1950s, the Lebaudy Airship disaster in 1911, and an undated photo of the Parseval airship
03/04/08 - Virtual tour entries: Avenue Farm, Southwood House, Sycamores Lodge, Farnborough Common, the Rex Cinema and Ardwyck House join the tour
03/04/08 - Gone but not forgotten new entry: Homelands, once known as Amber Lodge Guest House, and which is due to be demolished, once housed returning WW1 soldiers added
31/03/08 - Gallery: Cody Centenary gallery - high resolution photos of Cody's biplanes and war-kites
31/03/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery (2) - high resolution photos of Cody's biplanes and war-kites, and shots from the Balloon Factory from the early 1900s
28/03/08 - Gallery: Cody Centenary gallery added - counting down to the 100th anniversary of the first powered flight
27/03/08 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: Beeching's Garage, Forest Lodge, Stake Cottages, Stake farm, West Heath Farm, Southwood House, White House Farm, Sycamore Sewage Farm, Fir Tree Inn, Lynchford Farm, Parsonage farm, RAE Recreation Ground and social club, Hazeldene Farm and the old Saw Mill all added
26/03/08 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery - six programmes from Farnborough Town Football Club's history from 1968 to 2004, including some interesting old local adverts
19/03/08 - Videos additions: including the Farnborough Vespa Club from the 1960s, Concorde's prototype flight from 1969 and ITN footage of an aborted take-off at the 1988 airshow
17/03/08 - Virtual tour additions: undated photos of Queens Avenue and the Queens Hotel
17/03/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - a 1908 photo of the Public Schools Camp on Farnborough Common and a child's rail ticket from 1950
17/03/08 - Gallery additions: Military gallery - a 1943 photo of one of the Marlborough Lines barracks
13/03/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - an undated photo of the Basingstoke Canal and a photo of the 1947 Farnborough rail crash
13/03/08 - Gallery additions: Entertainment gallery - the 1981 programme from the Farnborough and RAE Operatic Society performance of Brigadoon
13/03/08 - Virtual tour additions: undated photos of Government House, Queensmead and Queens Avenue, and Queens Avenue from 1912
09/03/08 - New Videos section added: the Farnborough Airshow from 1950, 1988 and 1996; Concorde at the Airshow; historical goals from Farnborough Town FC; and a drive around Farnborough
07/03/08 - Blog updated: Civic Society up and running
07/03/08 - Looking for: updates to the list of photos we're still looking for to include on the site
06/03/08 - Virtual tour additions: Camp Road from 1957, North Camp Fire Station from 1937 and an undated photo of the Clockhouse
06/03/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - undated photos of the National Children's Home band and a camping ground at Farnborough Common
06/03/08 - Memories: Memories of North Camp between 1950 and 1970
03/03/08 - Virtual tour additions: Elm Grove Road from 1965 and today
03/03/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery - SBAC airshow 1958 press pack and the 1952 crash of a DH.110 at the airshow
28/02/08 - Gone but not forgotten updates: Rushmoor Labour Hall added to the site, and updates to Grange Cottage and Kingsmead House
28/02/08 - Virtual tour additions: Victoria Road from 1965 added
26/02/08 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the Queensmead and Concept site developments
26/02/08 - Gone but not forgotten updates: Doglets farm adjacent to Southwood Road added, and a photo of Whitehall Farm pond as it is today
25/02/08 - New Voting question added: What Farnborough landmark would you bring back if you could?
25/02/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - Details from a report into the derailment of a train between Farnborough and Brookwood in 1956, and a rail ticket between Farnborough and Woking from 1947
22/02/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - photos from a wedding at Farnborough Hill in 1869
22/02/08 - Gallery additions: Sport gallery - A Farnborough Town Football Club programme from 1970-71
22/02/08 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough miniature railway photo from 1937, Connaught Hospital from 1918, and an undated and 1881 photo of Farnborough Hill
18/02/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery - An article and photos from RAE News in 1965 about the RAE railway and the Invincible locomotive
14/02/08 - Virtual tour additions: RAE photos from 1913, 1916 and 1918, and undated old photos of the former National Children's home and St. Michael's Abbey
14/02/08 - Gallery additions: Religion gallery - An undated photo of a ceremony at St. Michael's Abbey
11/02/08 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - Aerial photos of the Hillside Convent School from 1935, and the Sycamores estate from the 1940s and 1953.
09/02/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery - More images from the 1955 RAE publication '50 years at Farnborough'
07/02/08 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery - An assortment of images from the 1955 RAE publication '50 years at Farnborough'
04/02/08 - Memories: Life on the farm, doodlebugs, and the local flea pit!
30/01/08 - Gallery additions: Imperial gallery - A 1973 stamped letter marking the centenary of Napoleon III's burial in Farnborough
30/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: Cove Pond from the 1970s, Hillside Convent School from 1908 and Lynchford Road from 1913
29/01/08 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: the former sites of Southwood Farm and Whitehall Farm from today
28/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: Southwood camp from the 1976 and today joins the tour
28/01/08 - Gallery additions: School days gallery - 1925 advert for Belgrave House School added
24/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: Cove Radio station site from 2008
24/01/08 - Gone but not forgotten updates: Southwood Camp from 1976 and today and the former site of the North Camp Theatre in 2008
23/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: the former Belgrave House School from 1925 and today joins the tour
21/01/08 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - Aerial photos of Cove Radio Station and Southwood from the 1960s
21/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: 2008 updates to Farnborough Hill, the former sites of Pinehurst Barracks, the Scala Cinema; and the latest from the Queensmead redevelopment
21/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: 1960s and 70s aerial photos of Cove Radio Station
18/01/08 - Memories: Avenue Farm in the late 1930s
18/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: an undated aerial photo of the former Hillside Convent School
18/01/08 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - Aerial photo of Avenue Farm from the late 1930s
15/01/08 - Memories: The Rex Cinema, Kingsmead and the jail cells
14/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: the Solartron factory from 1964 and Piper's Patch on Clockhouse Road from the 1950s joins the tour
10/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: Cove Radio station from 1967 joins the tour
10/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: an undated photo of the Southern end of Farnborough Road and a 2007 photo of the former manor house Farnborough Place
08/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough Miniature railway from 1938 joins the tour
08/01/08 - Virtual tour additions: Queens Avenue from 1918 and the Queens Hotel from 1909
08/01/08 - Gallery additions: Entertainment gallery - Farnborough Miniature Railway report
08/01/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - 'Greetings from Farnborough' from 1964
07/01/08 - Family histories section updated: Potter family
04/01/08 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - Barnett Street plan of Farnborough from 1969
04/01/08 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - 'Miles from Farnborough' demographic information from 1969
31/12/07 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - aerial shot of Farnborough from the early 1970s, and a map of South Farnborough from before 1938
30/12/07 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - aerial shots of the former Southwood Camp from 1976
30/12/07 - Gallery additions: Adverts gallery - adverts for Symonds auctioneers and Williams, Caithness & Co from around 1969
27/12/07 - Virtual tour: additions - the old Town Hall from 1912 and north Farnborough Road from 1906
27/12/07 - Gallery additions: Adverts gallery - adverts for Longworth's Photo Services and Yeomans Builders' Merchants from around 1969
24/12/07 - Virtual tour: new entries - Hillside Convent from 1906 and today
23/12/07 - Virtual tour: new entries - Cove Road from 1918, Government House from 1906, and The Bifrons from today
17/12/07 - Blog updated: Facebooked! - Historic Farnborough joins the social networks
17/12/07 - Virtual tour: additions - Concept 2000 redevelopment photo
14/12/07 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - Maps of areas of Farnborough from 1842, 1871, 1897, 1912, 1938 and 1948
14/12/07 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - aerial shots of the Sycamores estate from 1918, 1938, 1953 and 1980
12/12/07 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - aerial shots from 1991 of North Farnborough and Rafborough
12/12/07 - Virtual tour: additions - the former site of the National Children's home school hospital house and Trenchard House
12/12/07 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - remembering Simond's Store in Farnborough Street; and Aviation gallery - remembering the former site of the RAE
12/12/07 - Gone but not forgotten updates: the former site of the Solartron building
11/12/07 - Virtual tour: additions - St Michael's Abbey from 1914, the RAE from 1915, the Swan Inn from 1910 and the Queens Hotel from 1912
11/12/07 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - Greetings postcard from WWI
04/12/07 - Virtual tour: additions - the RAE from 1910
04/12/07 - Memories: The Farnborough Puddle
02/12/07 - Virtual tour: additions - the old Town Hall from 1920, and two undated photos of St. Peter's Church
29/11/07 - Gallery additions: Military gallery - Officers Training Camp at Farnborough for United Services College Windsor 1908-11 added
29/11/07 - Virtual tour: additions - an early 20th century photo of St. March's Church added
27/11/07 - Memories: Cove Radio Station
27/11/07 - Family histories section updated: The May family from Piper's Patch in Clockhouse Road
24/11/07 - Social bookmarking features added to bottom every page: store, organize, share and search bookmarks of Historic Farnborough
23/11/07 - Virtual tour: additions - the RAE from 1910, Cockadobby Hill from 1906, Farnborough Road from 1914, and Lynchford Road from 1916 and an undated image
23/11/07 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - Greetings postcard from the 1920s
21/11/07 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - The "garden city" Sycamores estate from 1929; School days gallery - 1920s advert for the Hillside convent
19/11/07 - Family histories section updated: Andy Smart
17/11/07 - Virtual tour: new entry - The Sycamores from the early 1900s to the 60s to today joins the tour
14/11/07 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery - a large selection of photos from the RAE added
13/11/07 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - Post-Second World War photos of the Mayfield area
12/11/07 - Virtual tour: 1998 photos from the former site of the Royal Aircraft Establishment (RAE)
08/11/07 - Memories: Puddles and Steam Trains!
08/11/07 - Gallery additions: School days gallery - The Partially Hearing Unit at Cove Manor Junior School from 1961
06/11/07 - Blog updated: Banged up! Ferneberga House (the old Town Hall) is the latest building to be boarded up
06/11/07 - Virtual tour: 2007 updates to Alexandra Road, The Clockhouse, Fleet Road, the old Townhall and Knellwod Lodge
05/11/07 - Virtual tour: new entries - Wesleyan Soldier's home from 1939 and today, and Duke of Connaught's Road join the tour
02/11/07 - Virtual tour: updates - Alexandra Road from 1907, Star Hill on the Farnborough Road from 1941, St Mark's Church from 1903, and an undated photo of the Wesleyan Church on Alexandra Road
02/11/07 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - 1953 "Greetings from Farnborough" postcard
02/11/07 - Gallery additions: Maps gallery - Farnborough map from 1995
30/10/07 - Potted history of Rafborough and the origins of many of its street names
25/10/07 - Virtual tour: new entry - Fleet Road from 1913 joins the tour
24/10/07 - Gone but not forgotten updates: 2007 photos of the former sites of the Manor Farm house, North Camp Fire Station, Oak Farm, Tredenham House Hotel, and the Wykeham Hotel
24/10/07 - Virtual tour: updates and 'now and then' comparisons for Queens Avenue and Farnborough Rectory
24/10/07 - Virtual tour additions: the latest behind the scenes photos from the Queensmead demolition
22/10/07 - Memories: Kingsmead from the 80s
17/10/07 - Virtual tour: new entry - Farnborough Rectory from 1906 joins the tour
15/10/07 - Virtual tour: new entry - Castleden Hall from 1906 joins the tour
13/10/07 - Virtual tour: new entries - Cambridge Hotel, Jubilee Hall and the old Post Office building from 1903 all join the tour
13/10/07 - Virtual tour: additions - Alexandra Road from 1909 added
12/10/07 - Potted history of some of the memorials in the Victoria Road Chapel cemetery
11/10/07 - Memories: The Hillside Convent to shopping in Lynchford to watching the Aldershot Tattoo: 1924-1940
10/10/07 - Family histories section updated: Oliver family
06/10/07 - Virtual tour: St Michael's Abbey from 1920 and three undated photos added - can you help date them?
05/10/07 - Virtual tour: Queens Avenue and St Peter's Church from 1939 added
05/10/07 - Gallery additions: Miscellaneous gallery - photos of the Basingstoke Canal and Golf Lane from 1939
04/10/07 - Virtual tour: Farnborough Street from 1903 and Farnborough Place Manor House lodge houses from 1900 added
03/10/07 - Gallery additions: Aviation gallery - scenes from the Farnborough Airshow, c.1960
03/10/07 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the Queensmead demolition
02/10/07 - Gallery additions: Full-size scan of Barnett's Street Plan of Farnborough from the early 70s
02/10/07 - Gallery additions: Extracts from the 1957 Farnborough Airshow programme and old adverts from Barnett's Street Plan of Farnborough in the early 1970s
02/10/07 - Gallery modifications: Gallery feature split into themed galleries
26/09/07 - Memories: Farnborough Street and the RAE from the 1920s-1940s
25/09/07 - Blog updated: topping 500 images, media coverage for the site, and what's coming next to Historic Farnborough
25/09/07 - Gone but not forgotten updates: 2007 photos of the former Farnborough workhouse, Wilmot House, on Union Street
24/09/07 - Gallery additions: The day the tornado (and film crews) hit Fernhill Road - 24th September 2007
24/09/07 - Site stats feature added: see how many images, tour locations and lost sites are now featured on the site by the counter added to the bottom of the homepage
24/09/07 - Gone but not forgotten updates: 2007 photos of the former sites of Greencroft, The Oaks school and its lodge house
24/09/07 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the Queensmead demolition
24/09/07 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the demolition site of the former Concept 2000 building
20/09/07 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: Simonds' Stores, The Oaks lodge house, Greencroft school and Meadowview Nurseries
14/09/07 - Virtual tour new entries: The Glasshouse detention barracks from 1908
14/09/07 - Potted history of The Glasshouse added
14/09/07 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: Farnborough Dairies cottage, Hedges Greengrocers, Labernum cottages, Manor Farm House and the Marlborough Lines Garrison Church
11/09/07 - Gallery additions: Fernhill school days from 1982
11/09/07 - Virtual tour new entries: Tournay Barracks from 1971
11/09/07 - Gone but not forgotten new entry: Ramilies Barracks in Marlborough Lines
07/09/07 - Virtual tour new entries: Lille Barracks from 1910 and Oudenarde Barracks from 1939
06/09/07 - Virtual tour new entries: Malplaquet Barracks from 1927 and Blenheim Barracks from 1965
03/09/07 - Virtual tour new entries: Pinehurst Barracks from 1918, Redvers Buller Road from 1905, North Camp fire station from 1896 and the RAE Assembly Hall/Concert Hall from 1918 all added to the tour
03/09/07 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: Farley House, Grange Cottage, Pinehurst Barracks, North Camp fire station and Pinehurst Barracks all added
03/09/07 - Virtual tour additions: updates to the Church Institute
31/08/07 - Search tool: new feature added to the site
31/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: updates to the former site of St. Michael's Abbey lodge
31/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Knellwood and Farnborough station updated
31/08/07 - Blog updated: A new book on the history of Knellwood is published and the Concept Building is officially no more!
28/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: 2007 updates to the former site of Farnborough Grammar School/Secondary School
28/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: Avenue Electric Theatre, North Camp Theatre, National Children's Home School Hopsital house, and the Wykeham Hotel
28/08/07 - Virtul tour additions: 2007 updates to the Knellwood estate
27/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: 2007 updates to the former sites of Kingsmead House, Castleden Hall, the Rex Cinema and Park Terrace
24/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Common Lane from 1919, Cove Pond from 1913, and West Heath Corner from 1913 join the tour.
23/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Connaught Hospital from 1905, Cove Pond from 1913, and Queens Avenue from 1928 all updated
23/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Common Lane added to the site from 1919
23/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Victoria Road from 1913, and the Camp Brigade School from 1896 updated
22/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Netley Street post office and Castleden Hall updated
22/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten new entries: Empire Electric Theatre, RAE Assembly Hall, Rex Cinema, St. Michael's Abbey lodge, and Wymering Lodge
22/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Netley Street updated
20/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: details of more than 30 new locations of Farnborough's vanishing history coming soon
17/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Coombe Farm added to the site and Virtual Tour
17/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough Place joins the tour from the 1920s and Salisbury Road updated
17/08/07 - Potted history of Farnborough Place added.
16/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Knellwood added to the tour
16/08/07 - Potted history of Knellwood added.
16/08/07 - Potted history of Farnborough Place manor house lodges added
14/08/07 - Do you know the history of Farnborough Grange's South Lodge?
14/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Farnborough Court from 1906
14/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Farnborough Place manor house lodges - early 1900s and today
13/08/07 - Cooks Grocery store from the 50s and 60s
13/08/07 - Blog updated: Historic Farnborough teams up with local writer looking for Farnborough memories
1:/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Camp Road, Clockhouse, Lynchford Road, Osboroý ÿÿad aoæs]wsvogy Road
12/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Farnborough Court and The Sycamores
12/û8/07 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the demolition site of the former Concept 2000 building
08/08/07 - Farnborough and Saltram Road from 1972
08/08/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: the former site of Park Terrace
08/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Saltram Road 1972 added to the tour
08/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Farnborough Station in 1986
06/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: the latest behind the scenes photos from the Queensmead demolition
06/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: the latest photos from the demolition site of the former Concept 2000 building
05/08/07 - Childhood and family memories from WW2 and the 1940s
04/08/07 - Virtual tour additions: Camp Road, the Scala Cinema, Queens Road, Lynchford Road, Queens Avenue and Queensmead
03/08/07 - Family histories section updated: Jarvis family
03/08/07 - Memories of the Invincible Road railway line and former Rex cinema added
31/07/07 - RSS feed facility added
31/07/07 - Separate sections charting the progress of the Queensmead and Concept 2000 redevelopments launched
30/07/07 - Blog section added
27/07/07 - Gallery additions: Clock tower, Farnborough Road milestone, Cove Junior School, Lynchford Road, Rushmoor Borough Council grounds
27/07/07 - Gone but not forgotten additions: Cove Court, Kingsmead House, Tile Barn House
27/07/07 - Virtual tour additions: Brands Removal store, Clockhouse, Farnborough Road, South Lodge, North Lodge,
24/07/07 - Memories of the Farnborough Symphony Orchestra added





Sign-up for Historic Farnborough's blog updates and help answer social history and genealogy questions on Blogger Latest posts:


Find out more about your relatives and Farnborough's past in the 1891 census returns for the town

Tour Quick jump


Add to this page

Have you got a photograph of this part of Farnborough that you'd like to share and see appear here? Maybe you've got a memory of relating to this part of town? Why not share with it everyone by submitting it to the Historic Farnborough site.



Legal Statements | Acknowledgements | Contact us | © 2007-11 Historic Farnborough
Page last updated: 15/10/11

free hit counter